Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Timeline

6:30 Find the “budget groove” and zone everything else out
7:00 Halfway through the worst of the budget my senior manager comes over, says “I  have to change postings on that fund, it wasn’t corrected after Friday. All your numbers are going to change so you shouldn’t start that budget.”


7:15 Still waiting for entries to post, stare at the numbers I’d input on the budget.
7:20 Manager says, screw it, you can just go home, if you have to hand it in late, hand it in late.
7:21 Manager swears at his computer because the reposting program crashed again, I grab my jacket.


7:22 Manager says “Screw it. Just leave the budget as it is. It’s wrong this month by one day, it’ll be wrong next month by one day in the opposite direction, it’ll wash year-t0-date.”


7:23 I debate leaving, or finishing the budget with the bad numbers like I’d planned. Fuck it.

-t

No comments: