Monday, October 03, 2005

Quiet Riot

I thought I was getting over a cold. It hit me last Wednesday, stuffy nose, chills, sore throat. I ate soup for lunch three days in a row, and tried really really hard to go to bed at a reasonable hour most nights. This morning I woke up feeling much better, able to breathe, able to talk.

Then I got into work, sat down, started typing away, finishing my morning work. Then Jack came in, said “good morning” to which I responded “hhaehh..” having lost my voice. Gone. Thanks Lauren.

Saturday night we (John, Felecia, Lindsay, Lauren, and myself) went to stalk pretty girl. Lindsay, with her new do, wanted to see with her own eyes the train-wreck John and Felecia described. So, we hit up the bar, and played cards, and drank and ate fries, and it was a great time. We stayed until closing time. Pretty girl didn’t show. So, we went to IHOP. (woo) I did not order the chocolate-chocolate chip pancakes. I drove Lindsay, Felecia, and Lauren back to their apt., then John back to his, then me back home. I listened to some cds on the drive home, and unlocked my front door about 4:30AM [side note: 4AM may be my favorite our lady peace song of all time, this is a recent occurrence]. So, so much for getting to bed at a reasonable time.

I’m thankful I don’t have a voice today. I might say something mean. The way I feel this morning, it’s much safer to be quiet. The last vacation day I took was for a trip to Texas. I’m calling in sick next week to go play golf. Don’t tell my boss.

-t


recommended download:
Hoobastank, Crawling In The Dark          

No comments: