Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Post Meridian

Everybody loosens up after lunch. I walk back in, there are jokes, laughter, it’s an easy day. Between two and four o’clock there is plenty of time to solve any problem that comes up, sure we can spare a few minutes to talk baseball, or football, or fantasy leagues, or whatever.

I can’t stand it.

Due mainly to my lack of sleep my enthusiasm is flat-lining. I see no change in the near future. (this pessimism is also do to my lack of sleep).

Desertion: It’s all I think about. I’m going to pieces.

-t


recommended download (what else):
Billy Joel, Why Should I Worry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are pretty desperate posts tom. i'm thinking we're going to need to stage an intervention. i think we'll have to start with a trip to philly and cheesesteaks. lots of them. oh and beer, but DUH.

Tom said...

I just thought of a good word to describe the last few days. Frantic. Think of those things togther "last few days" "frantic" like, this is how everyone would be running around if they knew the planet was about get blown up by aliens. that's what it feelsl like, like these few days are the last...of whatever it is that's going on.

Donny said...

Sometimes I get caught up in the frantic antics of the office. But then I stop and remind myself that noone will die because the project is late or the presentation has a typo in the client's name.

I probably don't have to tell you to keep your cool, as you always did so on the RA job.

Anonymous said...

how is it that when you are frantic you have time to post like three times a day? i am frantic everyday and i post uh almost never. that's not true i do it after sometimes but i wait until i have absolutely no steam left and all my coworkers have left.

you're doing great! keep up the good work! it'll pay off! these are all lies! but do it anyway!

Tom said...

I close the window with the budget. I close the window with the interest adjustments. I stare with hate at my computer screen. Then open blogger to post.

If I'm posting this many times it's because I'm purposefully not doing work.