Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Now all I need is a de-coder ring

Ok, so I’ve decided to start writing coded messages and leaving them around the office…what I’m looking for is a nice simple, breakable, code. Nothing ridiculous, but something that isn’t totally obvious either…these are, after all, “secret” messages.

Right now I’m using a replacement code (A=C, B=D, C=E and so on) and then reversing the letters, but… it seems a little clumsy. I’d appreciate any solutions to the problem.

ecuecfkpina aqwtu,
-v

tgeqoogpfgf fqypnqcf:
nkv, cffkevgf

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I like this one, although it is pretty easy to crack:

"Rail Fence Code:
Encode by dropping down every other letter.
Then, take the bottom line of letters and put them next to the top line of letters. You'll come up with a coded message which you send. When your friend wants to decode the message, he just counts the number of letters, divides it by two, and places the last half below and between the first half."

Make sense?