Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A long sigh, pouty lips, and a body to die for

I may be developing a tic. A small muscle in my face is twitching intermittently and it’s driving me nuts. If this is a result of job-related stress then I’ve just added another reason to the long list of why I should be looking for a new job.

Nervous tics are precursors of nervous breakdowns. If that’s true I’m in big trouble. I’m not a nervous person. After that ulcer in kindergarten I had to reevaluate what was important, and what I should be worrying over. I managed to knock a lot of stress out of my life. I still cared a little too much about grades and getting approval from authority figures, but I managed to cut the importance of that down after high school. (see: hs gpa: 3.75; college cpa: much lower).

It’s only a job. It’s only a job. I tell you, my first mistake was getting attached to the people here. Jack, the whiner, a pessimist, but he’s a nice guy. Jonathan, the opie&anthony fan, he’s a blowhard, but he can be brilliantly funny sometimes. Pretty girl, hypermanager, Jane (the silent girl), and the few others that have names or roles to play day-to-day. I’ve got to relearn how to not care.

Apathy, cure all my ills.

-t


recommended downloads:
Pearl Jam, Brain of J.
Anna Nalick, Wreck of the Day

No comments: