Friday, October 07, 2005

Happy Columbus Day

Ok, so I didn’t get many (any?) comments on the previous post concerning the coworker’s email about the stupid kid, so I don’t know if any of you think it’s funny or boring or what. So I’m posting another such entry. Because I think it’s funny.

Background info: We work Columbus Day. We work Halloween. We work Christmas Eve. Basically if it’s not Thanksgiving we’re at work, there’s a holiday calendar on the company homepage.

Email:

Tom,
Stupid guy wants to know if we have Columbus day off? I said no we have Halloween off instead.
-Jack

***
Jack,
You could suggest the calendar on the State Street homepage that lists the holidays. Here, this is the link: (link)
-Tom

***
Tom,
That would take all the fun out of the upcoming months!
I am going to tell him if we dress up on the Friday before Halloween we get that Monday off. You think he will buy into it?
-Jack

I am not going to respond to this email. But, yes, Stupid Guy would come in to work in costume. It would be probably the meanest thing we could do to him. He does not deal well with embarrassment. Or confrontation. Or making eye contact. Or understanding directions.

I just don’t understand this guy.
-t

1 comment:

Donny said...

I'm dressing up for Halloween. I already bought my mullet wig and I'll be going through my dad's closet over this weekend.