Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I hate teaching

This promotion has made me a bad worker. I am a bad employee. That's never happened before (except for that one summer I worked at the movie place, but it was a movie place for crying out loud, they expect lousy employees, I was just trying to live up (down) to their expectations).

My job for right now is, basically, teaching the basics to the new people. The new people are all stupid. I just don't want to do it. Also, I haven't been getting lots of sleep lately. And I can get a little short when I'm tired.

So the bad attitude doesn't help me convey knowledge of the inner workings of budgets (half of which I don't have a grasp on yet, which makes it loads easier to teach...not). I have been here for four hours today and I've berated six different coworkers, which, sure, makes me feel better because misery loves company, but probably isn't doing much for morale.

I've also started to whine on my blog. Whine Whine Whine. I'd guess this is driving readers away, because, man, I know I hate reading whiny blogs (cough, john, cough cough). (ok, ok, that was a cheap shot. (cough, adina, cough)).

Have you seen that coffee commercial where everybody's having a bad morning, the lady throws away the smiley face button, the other lady sprays the paperboy with the hose, the guy knocks over a stack of files? Great commercial. I laugh every time that stupid paperboy falls off his bike.

Fuck budgets, man. And fuck teaching. This would be different, mark my words, if I had a full night's rest and a full grasp of the subject. But no. It's not like I'm trying to teach high school algebra, geometry, or calculus here (which I can do), no, this is like the legally blind leading the stupid.

I really hate stupid people. And working. Stupid job. Stupid money. Stupid pilgrims.
-t

recommended download:
Oasis, The Importance of Being Idle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why are you coughing my name? i don't take cheap shots. i take available shots. i should get a medal, not a cough.