Monday, August 08, 2005

If heaven was an hour, it would be twilight

I hate this job (again).

I went for a while there not hating it. But it didn't last. So, instead of sitting here and thinking hateful thoughts, I've been sitting here thinking about lyrics to country songs. Also a little bit of acoustic rock. It's a very mellow time here at Tom's Desk.

I tend to drift toward other musica styles when under the influence of different emotions...punk rock when I'm in a romantic mood, soft rock when I'm happy, heavy metal when I'm indifferent, kid stuff when I'm feeling goofy.

And, every so often I'll catch myself whistling showtunes. Because who doesn't love showtunes?
Nobody. That's who.

-tom
recommended downloads:
Andy Griggs, If Heaven
and
Bowling For Soup, On And On (About You)

10 comments:

Donny said...

I was just whistling Boys II Men, Downtown Philly.

Anonymous said...

because nothing says romance better than the Descendents Bikeage. Pop that in and oooh doggie, let the good times roll. :)

mance01 said...

I couldn't be mellow at my desk without knocking completely out. I guess that's why they pay you the big money though ;)

Tom said...

yeah, I don't fall asleep at my desk - that's why they pay me the big money.

:-Þ

Johnny Sapphire said...

Actually the music going through my head today is opera. I keep switching tracks from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro and Tales from Hoffmann by Offenbach.

Johnny Sapphire said...

There was a raffle at work today for two box tickets to the Red Sox game later this month, and I really, really wanted them.

I would have taken you had I won.

Tom said...

sweet. but who do you think you are, kelly?

Johnny Sapphire said...

I would have bought the hot dogs too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but would you have bought the parking?

Donny said...

I heard "Downtown Philly" at the gym today.