Monday, August 15, 2005

I miss norm macdonald

So I just took this quiz

American Cities That Best Fit You:

65% Philadelphia
60% Boston
60% Chicago
60% San Francisco
55% New York City



First, I don't know where Philadelphia is coming from. I'm sure it's a nice city, cheesesteaks, liberty bell, will smith and the sixers, but I wouldn't really get by in a town that roots for the eagles and the phillies (though I do love that philly phanatic).

But, I think it's pretty interesting that this anonymous internet quiz ranks Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco even. It's interesting because I know I love living in Boston, and whenever I've thought about another city I might be ok with living in, it was either Chicago or San Fran.

And, I'm too tired to really be working any harder than I have to this morning. Either because I'm tired (maybe) or because I'm sinking into a shallow depression (maybe), or maybe it's all this rain.

-t
recommended downloads:
Social Distortion, Angels' Wings
Sugarcult, Hate Every Beautiful Day
and
Brian Webb, Martha

3 comments:

Johnny Sapphire said...

I KNOW WHAT WILL PICK YOU UP TOM!!!

HELPING ME MOVE THIS WEEKEND!!

WHATCHA SAY?

Tom said...

yeah, that sounds like fun.
using the pick up as a pick up.
I am no longer forlorn.

(and, to tie this in with the title, norm macdonald, having been fired from snl, is no longer for lorne. ahahaha)(I wonder if this is mania setting in)

Anonymous said...

the quiz is trying to tell you something tom. it's saying:

GO TO PHILADELPHIA SO ADINA CAN CASH IN HER HAIKU CHEESESTEAK.

and btw: there is much much more to Philly than the above mentioned things. i think it would suit you quite well. and plus, though it is supposed blasphemy to say this but i'll say it anyway - if you were born/raised in philly then guess who you would most likely root for. there i said it! so skin me!

i like knowing that you knew that i would definitely comment on this post. and that maybe (just maybe!) you posted it especially for me.

:)