Tuesday, July 12, 2005

If you thought last tuesday was bad...

I'm tired and I can't write.

This is the seventh post I've started today. The first six were terrible. I deleted them. This, the seventh, is progress.

Books: I have purchased more books since January than I have read since last January. Last week they were of the trade paperback variety, this week I decided to round out some science fiction collections. I now own:
Isaac Asimov, The Foundation Series (seven novels)
Frank Herbert, The Dune Chronicles (six novels)
Orson Scott Card, The Ender Quartet and The Shadow Triology (seven novels)

That's a lot of science fiction. But it's not surprising, because I've always enjoyed science fiction. I mean, really, my literary taste goes sort of like this:
hand me any book, 70% chance I'll like it
hand me any detective novel, 85% chance I'll like it
any science fiction - 87.5% chance I'll like it

So there you go. Books are cool. And now I have a lot of them.

It would be really great if they let me read at work.

-T
recommended download:
Ozma, Domino Effect

No comments: