Sunday, July 24, 2005

I don't think girls get it.

I don't blame them, it's not like I'm out there expaining it to them, which is the only way they would get it. Unless they were mind-readers.

So, instead of going out there to explain it, I'll try it here.

I'm willing to change. It's like that play that ran on broadway for a while "I love you, now change." It was supposed to be a joke, you know, guy meets girl, guy marries girl, girl tries to make him change into the man she wants him to be, guy resists change with every inch of his being.

Not me though. I'm like a metal. Malleable, ductile, changeable. I have a few core principles, a few core beliefs and practices, the things that make me who I am. But the rest of it?

It's up for grabs.

I mean it, cosmetic details, for example. T-shirts vs. button-down? Color of the house? Naming the dogs? All negotiable, all easily negotiable. I don't have many holdouts. Why wouldn't I want to make the girl as happy or as content as I possibly could?

I'll always be a red sox fan. I'll always want eighteen kids. I'll always want my kids raised in New England.

All I mean to say is this, I'm willing to change, and I want you to know.

-t
recommended download:
Bob Schneider, Metal And Steel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really an obvious comment, but i'll take one for the team and say it.

you said "being a red sox fan" and "wanting eighteen kids" in the same breath. does that mean the eighteen kids is as negotiable as the red sox fans status? because unless you are willing to adopt...

damn.

Tom said...

oh, also, the eighteen kids have to be raised as red sox fans. that's also non-negotiable.

:)-t