Thursday, July 14, 2005

A closed-door meeting

I'm writing to deliver some sobering news. Yesterday about three o'clock I was asked to meet with my three managers in a closed-door session in the small conference room. They sat me down and quietly explained that I am being promoted.

BAM! Sobering news my ass! wooo! -mini wave in celebration of me! a-woohoo-

It was a closed-door meeting because they haven't told the others in the group yet. There is the matter of the senior who's leaving, the matter of the three other people who applied for the job and didn't get it, and the matter of the other senior never talking. (ok, that last one isn't really relevant, but come on, she never talks. quiet as a titmouse. (hehehehe)).

The point is, the Dutch girl picked me. No, no. The point is, I got a promotion and more money.

BECAUSE I DO NOTHING ALL DAY. Bwahahahaha

I do not envy any of you your jobs or your workloads. Or your non-promotions. This is great. I'm going to make little hats. Little hats that say things like "hey, coworker, I got promoted." and "I must have mo' problems, because I've got mo' money" and one that says "BAM!"

I am so going to get fired.


-T
recommended downloads:
Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Resturant
The Clash, I Fought The Law
and Hootie and the Blowfish, I Only Wanna Be With You

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ger!!

Maybe now they will start heaping the work on you.

No I can't really talk, today my job consisted of making a timeline of the Tour de France and getting a birthday cake decorated.

There is a guy in my office who has been here the longest, so instead of "Senior Customer Service Rep" we call him "El Senor." He didn't really get promoted, he just gave himself the title. The boss said it's ok as long as he doesn't expect to get more money.

Anonymous said...

Just a note that the first line in my comment says "Ger" as in a shortened form of Gerry. Not Gerl as in "Way to go Gerrrl! Shake it!"

Stephermay said...

i want a hat, when you get them made. :)

Anonymous said...

ok, five bucks (for materials). ten if you want me to make one for chevy. the horse hat will say "hay is for horses, BAM!"

-t

Stephermay said...

i'd need to see a prototype before i coughed up cash like that.. i am taking a pay cut, you know. every dollar counts.

Tom said...

in fact - dratsically reduced pay, all around! -hermes (futurama)

;)
-t

Johnny Sapphire said...

i would be pissed off, except i still make more money than you.

BAM!