Thursday, June 16, 2005

Duffless

The new fund mix can't come soon enough. I'm getting bored again.

This is the same boredom that prompted me to start this web log. That's a lot of boredom.

I just handed in my tax-free funds. I now have one and one half hours to do nothing until the taxables finish. Zero to do. I can't even keep myself busy with budgets, because I finished them all. I can't keep myself busy with archiving because I finished it all.

No, that's a lie. I still have the Ireland fund to archive. But the real kicker is, Claude, the new guy that was here for three months and quit, he didn't do any archiving while he was here. Because the whole time he was here he was planning to leave. There are several stacks of paper on his desk, well, many more than "several" actually. These stacks of paper are the backups that need to be archived. Sorted by fund, then by date. Then boxed, and labeled. It will be three or four afternoons work. I refuse to do it.

But, we just heard that we're getting a new kid mid-July, and we're also picking up a high school intern at the same time. Since the high schooler isn't legally allowed to work on the funds directly he will instead be archiving. Because I say so. It will be nice to outrank someone again.

I could really go for a coffee and breakfast sandwhich. But I won't. Because I've already eaten my unhealthy-food-quotient for the week. Also, I'm saving my money to go drinking friday, or to the movies. (Batman, in case you were wondering) (and I know you were because I got like six comments asking what movie I wanted to see, and at least one of them -you know who you are- reffered to Batman Begins as Batman Returns, which is an entirely different movie).

I am tempted to launch into a discussion of why Batman Returns was not a terrible movie, based mainly on my appreciation of val kilmer's body of work, and my appreciation of nicole kidman's body. If anyone would like to see such a post please let me know. It may end up here anyway. We'll see.

This day would be much easier to get through if they let me read here at my desk. Stupid Pilgrims.

-Tom
recommended download:
Nelly, Ride With Me

6 comments:

LoneStarCupcake said...

Val Kilmer had me at Real Genius.

Stephermay said...

ok, you can let the returns/begins thing go now...

batman returns was ok. out of that set of flicks, i was a fan of the first movie. (even though i'd pick val kilmer's body er, of work, over michael keaton any day of the week, that movie was where the fall began in my opinion.) but it did have its moments.

the movies i'm holding my breath for currently are charlie and the chocolate factory (long live the depp/burton legacy), and harry potter 4 (yes, i'm a 7 year old in a grown woman's body).

whee.

-geek

Donny said...

Perhaps you should become an actuary?

Johnny Sapphire said...

haha you appreciate val kilmer's body.

hah.

Anonymous said...

i thought the val kilmer batman was batman forever? ... however michelle pfeiffer in skintight vinyl is just as hot as nicole kidman naked in bed.

Tom said...

yes, I agree. also, christopher walken. awesome.