Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Cure-all

I woke up this morning thinking about what I was going to post here today. I was too tired to give that much thought. Also, I was too tired to remember what it was I was thinking about posting. So I'm posting this instead.

Almost the entire staff has dissapeared for a client meeting. There are two of us left here, and neither of us is doing any work. This is exactly the kind of attitude that I hope will get me the promotion I applied for. (and, by the way, the application process was easy. all I had to do was send an email to my manager "I heard there's a position opening up, I'd like to be considered for the job." and that was it.) I dont' yet know when I'll hear about it, but, on the other hand, I don't know when I'll hear about that raise they mentioned either.

In other good work news: Yesterday I got my nameplate. It is now proudly displayed in my cubicle for all the world to see (actually the only person who can see it is Jonathan, the opie&anthony fan, because his cubicle is directly across from mine.)

Speaking of cubicles, mine is three walls and an open side, if I knocked down one wall would it become a triangular-prism-icle? or if I added a wall would it then be a quinticle?

Finally, in blogger related news: plunkbiggio has reported Biggio's plunk #263. Congratulations. We (me) here at weblog have discovered a new reader (shoutout reader - see previous post's comments). The Random Muse is still blocked. And Defective Yeti, it turns out, has the same sort of crush I have on mightygirl (check today's post). Donny and John have updated today, and I'm sure Adina, Felecia, Lindsay, Jackie, and Kelly will soon.

I expect the rest of my group and the managers will be back in a few minutes from their (no doubt productive) meeting with the client. So I'm going to start working on my budgets, so as not to look like a slacker.

Sincerely,
Tom

recommended downloads:
The Cure, Friday I'm In Love
Jude, Cuba
Jill Sobule, I'm Gonna Be A Supermodel
and
Weird Al, The Saga Begins

p.s. recommended download for Kelly - Des'ree, You Gotta Be (see if you can pick out the relevant lyric)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a triangular cubical in my old position here at TSP. It was purple on the outside. I miss it because it was interesting. Now I sit in an ugly white square and I face the wall.