Friday, May 06, 2005

Season Four

We're now watching West Wing season four on dvd. This will occupy my nights, probably through the weekend. The West Wing is a great show, and if you don't know and love it, you should, and I would be happy to let you come over and watch it on dvd (starting with season one, of course), just let me know when you'd like to visit.

Also, if I've planned it right, or if the stars align, or fate agrees, or whatever determines things like this, we will have finished season four just as my new dvds arrives in the mail (Rushmore, and The Life Aquatic) which we can then watch, either consecutively or on consecutive nights.

Speaking of nights I at first typed "knights" which reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which I haven't seen in a while, so I'll probably be watching that very soon too, now that I've reminded myself.

And my cousin is letting me borrow Gran Turismo for xbox so I'm pretty excited, I hear it's a sweet game. In other game news I still (still) haven't beaten Tony Hawk's Underground on the hardest difficulty because I can't get past the stupid "hangover cure" goal in the Moscow level (that's Moscow, Russia, not Moscow, PA). This is very similar to that time, in second grade when I got my Nintendo (NES) and would wake up half an hour earlier than I had to on school days so I could play Mario Bros. and how I was never ever able to beat the game because however good I was, and however many secrets I memorized I could never ever ever get past 8-3. It wasn't until freshman year of college, when I brough my NES back to the dorm with me after christmas break that I finally got past that level and then beat 8-4 on the first try (seriously, that level's a cake-walk). Also, I was so overjoyed that I'd finally finally finally (we're talking about overcoming a decade of not beating the game) that I then set out to beat my own speed record. I think I eventually plateaued at fifteen minutes from 1-1 to 8-4. The water world was always one of my favorites...or any that took place underground. Hopefully I won't have to wait ten years to beat this Moscow goal. Because once I win, then I've given myself permission to purchase Tony Hawk's Underground 2. And won't that be sweet. (it will be)

until then, this is tom, signing off.

recommended downloads:
Queen: Fat Bottomed Girls, Bohemian Rhapsody, It's Late, and Get Down, Make Love

5 comments:

Kate Mills said...

oooh... gran turismo....

LoRi~fLoWer said...

Remember Contra? Up down up down left right left right a b a b select start!
I think I'm a minority: a girl who loves to play video games. I got really good at SSX Tricky when my roomie had a PS2. Now I'm game system-less.

Tom said...

if you're not averse to Play Station (as I am) you could invest in a compact PSone. tons of great games, easy to move, etc etc.

also, I do remember Contra, but only because my cousins had it and I didn't and so they always had to put in the code for me when we went over to their house to play.

they're the same cousins that still (still) refuse to sell me their dreamcast even though I swear I appreciate it more than they ever will.

up down left right hold A start
-tom

Donny said...

I thought Contra was up up down down left right left right... But that could also be the Foxtrot. I get my Nintendo and ball room dances mixed up sometimes.

Tom said...

ahahahaha

good one donny :)