Wednesday, May 11, 2005

faux pas

I may not be using that title correctly (also I may not have spelled that title correctly) I don't know much french. Here's the situation:

I just spilled coffee on my (hyper)manager's suit jacket.
Which he is wearing tonight.
To a wake.
Is this maybe the worst/funniest-in-a-bad-way-if-you're-me/funny-in-a-I-feel-awful-for-laughing-about-this-way-if-you're-not-me thing that could have happened? You know, actually, maybe I wouldn't feel bad laughing about this if it didn't happen to me, cross that last slash-thingy off. The story: Coffee. On the wake suit. - My bad.

Ok, actually, just kidding. I didn't spill anything on his suit. What did happen was this:
I leaned over his cubicle wall, with a pen, a pen, in my hand. The pen happened to be directly over his suit jacket, which he had hanging on that wall of the cubicle, and I suddenly thought "if this pen were leaking or one of those pens that is prone to explode and it did so right now and ink got on his jacket that would be bad." And immediately after thinking that I remembered why he had the jacket in the first place, which is the wake, and thought "that would make it doubly bad." Which made me think of the coffee scenario you read about earlier. And how bad that would be.


And, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm probably going accidentally spill something on his suit jacket while concentrating on not doing exactly that.

-tom
recommended download:
Weezer, Surf Wax America and Jamie and Susanne

1 comment:

Johnny Sapphire said...

wow, tom. wow.