Monday, April 04, 2005

wow. what a relief.

Are there people in your office that you couldn't survive without? Well, I'm sure you'd survive without them, but it would definitely take you a some time to adjust to an office without them. I don't mean the guy that orders your supplies, I mean the "beautiful people." These are the people that brighten up your day just by being there - and they don't necessarily have to be physically attractive to be beautiful.

Like, there's the complainer, he sits next to me. He took a few days off last week. I was beside myself with boredom and negative energy. Normally his complaining lets me see the nicer side of work. He's like a negative enegery black hole, sucking all the complaining, all the grumpiness, all of the bad elements of this environment into his cube, leaving the good ones exposed to be marvelled at. There's the Manager on the other side of the floor, she's just plain cute. Like a toddler or puppy would be cute. Dressed in spring colors all the time, smiling all the time. She makes people smile when they pass her in the aisles, spritely. Cute girl is one of the beautiful people. Anne, in our group is too, she's back from vacation.

Last week was tough, Anne and the sprite were both out for vacation. Last friday was tougher. Only Charlie the complainer was here. No other beautiful people. No outside reason to smile. Today I started to get worried, I knew Anne was supposed to come back, but what about cute girl, or the sprite, what if they'd quit! I was worried. Then, when I got back from my morning coffee run, I saw the sprite. Whew. I smiled without even thinking about it. And then, relief of reliefs, cute girl came back. She was training all morning. But now she's back. My day can go on. Thanks for coming back, beautiful people.

-Tom
recommended download
Green Day, St. Jimmy

No comments: