Thursday, April 28, 2005

They are obsessed with the celtics

What is the big deal. The whole office. It's basketball for crying out loud. And I can't stand basketball. And it's not even good basketball. They won their division with a .500 record. Can you imagine? They were the best in their division because they only lost half of their games. A dominant team they are not.

AND NO ONE WILL SHUT UP ABOUT IT. Stupid coworkers. I can hardly stand them talking about the Red Sox, and I love baseball. I mean come on. Basketball hasn't been the same since Jordan left the game, and you people out there who were fans and now are just sitting around calling yourselves fans but really you're just waiting for the second coming of his Airness (wwMJd) are almost as bad as the people out there who actually like this sport. WHATS THE BIG DEAL?

It's not exciting. It's not a team sport. It's not a "team" league. It's an individual's league. It all started with MJ. I don't blame him though, how could you not get caught up in the greatest player to ever walk the face of the earth's game? I blame the league. It was their decision to start fueling and advertising the individual "superstar" (of which Jordan was the last, or only) and the "grudges" or "feuds" "Come see Shaq and Kobe battle for supremacy in the West." Um. Hello. Last time I checked they put five guys out on the floor. Yeah, that's right five. That's four more than one. Someone should maybe remind the league office. Guys, you should promote the TEAM. If you wanted grudge matches maybe you should start talking to the wwe or hell, you can maybe start promoting ten pin. BUT THERE ARE FOUR OTHER GUYS (who I'm pretty sure are payed well) OUT THERE TOO.

To sum up ADINA SKIM TO HERE the NBA has ruined basketball. Plus I'm not a fan anyway. And there's no way the Celtics get past the second round, because they're not very good. Stupid basketball.

-Tom
recommended download:
The Monkees, Last Train To Clarksville

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Different sport, but guess what I did last night?

Watched the Rangers game from a luxury suite.

Boo-yah.

Anonymous said...

you know it's amazing that you know which entries I skim and you know exactly where I begin reading again (the very last paragraph, usually the summary paragraph). I am truly impressed.