Thursday, March 03, 2005

well today sucked.

here's what I'm thinking, 10am thursday morning:

what the hell man. I'm going to Rome in like three days. It's the day after a fuckin awesome live show and almost no sleep. And what the hell.

So the Ireland fund didn't tie last night, which means big problems today. I've got a budget due friday which means every spare moment I have today has got to be budget related or I'll be staying late the friday before a week long vacation (and how does that make any sense). And I was supposed to get a ticket to the BU hockey game tonight (last home game of the season) but that ends up not happening.

And then Joe doesn't come in. He missed a train, or something, or whatever, so the manager is like "can you tie out Joe's funds?" and I'm like "yeah fine whatever" cuz it takes like two minutes and I have two minutes before I start my budget, so I can handle it. Except Joe sucks and his funds suck and it was the worst time to say "yeah fine whatever" ever. Two major problems with the funds took up my whole morning, plus figuring out the Ireland fund and totally ignoring the budget (say hello to a late friday). What the hell. And Joe doesn't come in at 11:30 when they said he would. Which means I've gotta get the rates for his funds too, which is a huge pain on thursdays cuz that's when all the manual rates update. Plus one of Joe's funds has like ten trades in the middle of the day (we usually get, um, zero). Argh.

He finally shows up, at three fifteen. What the hell man, why not just stay home all day? why not call in and be like, hey listen, why not just double Tom's work load today, cuz I know he's going on vacation and he might miss working on mutual funds. What the hell.

This could have been a post about the totally awesome Flogging Molly show last night.
But no. What a limgatoraidass day.

-t

recommended download
Flogging Molly, Light Of A Fading Star, and Whistles The Wind

they're beautiful songs.
or you could download some of their songs that really rock
like Black Friday Rule, Devil's Dance Floor, The Kilburn High Road, or Tobacco Island

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But at least you didn't get to work at 8:30 and leave at 6:45.