Thursday, March 17, 2005

ahahahahaha

So here at work we have security doors, magnetic IDs allow you to pass through them.
To enter the building there are three of these revolving doors. Fully automatic. You swipe your id, step into the RIGHT HAND SIDE of the door, and it turns one quarter turn, allowing you inside. This is also how you exit the building.

So just went to get coffee. I came back, several people were exiting the building as I was entering. This happens a lot. You take turns, one goes in, one comes out, back and forth. So I step up, swipe my ID, step into the door, and, just as it is about to turn a woman jumps in from the other side! hoping to piggy-back my ID swipe and just scoot through the other side of the door to get out.

Well, the door is having none of that. It stops mid turn, trapping both the woman and myself. I look through the glass at her, she's embarassed and upset. I look at my own reflection, I am composed, good-looking, and holding a small coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Other people near the entrance are also looking at us. No doubt they can see my composure, and her lack of composure. She motions to me from the other side of our little glass apartment. "Push" she mouths and indicates the door. Duh, lady, I was going to push on the ground.

So she heaves at the door, I push a little too, the door moves. I enter the buidling, she scurries past security with her head down. Two other people who have entered with me laugh, good and long and hard. I laugh too.

Now I'm enjoying my coffee

happy st. patrick's day,
Tom

No comments: