Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Lets get small

Ok, so first let me clarify something from my last post: I cannot judge height. I don't really know if 5'3" is a good estimate, I only know "tall" and "shorter than I am" and in some cases "a lot shorter than I am" but actual feet and inches? no idea.

Now, I think cute girl is shrinking. Well, I'm sure she's not, but now that I'm paying attention to her height I'm noticing things like: standing, her head is only a few inches over the top of the cubicle, and: she's shorter than my manager, who is shorter than me, and pretty short for a guy. I've never really noticed before, since everyone is about the same height when they're sitting down. If this keeps up she'll be positively tiny by the end of the day, barely able to reach up to the keyboard or converse with someone on the other side of her cube.

I'm going to try and stop paying attention to her for a little while, in the hopes that it will slow the shrinking process. If that doesn't work I'm thinking about bringing in some tools and cutting her cubicle down to size for her, so at least she won't feel dwarfed by her surroundings. And if all else fails, maybe I'll just start slouching, a lot, so I lose a few inches. Maybe I'll lose the shoes too, giving up the inch my boots give me. And if I duck my head when I talk, I might be able to drop a whole foot in height! Well, we'll see.

-Tom

ps, what does it say about me that the closer attention I pay to women the smaller they grow in my eyes? anything? larger than life before I notice them, diminishing after... oh well, something to think about.

recommended downloads:
The Who, I'm Free, and Tommy, Overture

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was probably wearing flats instead of heels. Guys typically don't notice heels.

I am also short, shorter than 5'3". I am actually glad that I can be categorized as "short" and no longer "miniscule" as I was from about 7 - 15. But I still wore heels so much that no one really noticed I was short. It's good to be short, for a girl.

Be glad you are tall b/c you can date short AND tall girls!

fel

Tom said...

It's true, she was wearing flats. Not true that I don't notice heels. (you may recal me mentioning her footwear early on in the blog) anyway, you're still right, just because I noticed she's wearing heels doesn't mean I mentally factored that into her height- in fact, I did not. Good observation. And I am glad I can reach both tall and short girls.