Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Just when I think I'm out

Augh. They sucked me in. And I didn't even see it coming. (I got ripped off by a little old lady in a motorized cart!)

Here we were, us cubevilleians, chatting about movies. That's a nice safe topic, right? I thought so too. Jonathan, cute girl, and their manager chatting away, me too, about Hero, The Villiage, Napolean Dynamite. I thought this conversation had some potential. Then BLAM! blindsided by The Surreal Life! I mean come on! You were thiiis close to a great conversation about humor in contemporary cinema, you could have compared Dynamite to Fockers, independent movies to studio blockbusters, you were this close! No. You ruined it. Surreal Life? The discussion turned to why ex-pro wrestler Chyna has changed her name? Because the WWE is going to sue? boo-urns. "What happened to you China, you used to be cool. What? China still cool! You pay lata! Lata!" Obviously I have not wielded my influence enough. My new year's resolution? Raise the level of debate in this workplace. And let that be our legacy.

gah.

-Tom

recommended downloads:
Cake, Satan Is My Motor
Fountains Of Wayne, Leave The Biker


No comments: