Monday, January 03, 2005

Back is back

I've got two things going for me: I'm vain, and I can convince myself of anything. The result is self-esteem, boatloads of it--I'm great, and I know it. I was once accused in high school of having too much self-esteem; I still don't think that's possible.

So happy new year, happy 2005. Here's what's been happening in my own little world:
Sat up friday night for the new year watching the Three Stooges marathon with Timmy Danny Billy and my mom. We toasted with rasberry gingerale at midnight. Timmy and I then stayed up to watch The Matrix Revolutions. Saturday morning we woke up, and spent the morning getting ready for Katie's wedding. It was the best wedding I have ever attended. The church was beautiful, the dress was beautiful, Katie and Adam were beaming. The reception was awesome (except when I tried to order a drink and they wouldn't serve me without ID even after my sister (my under-age sister) had just ordered a couple of drinks no problem at all.) music and dancing and party favors (which the kids loved, fake snow, just add water) and then everybody headed to the game room for ping pong and pool. We stayed up to watch Saturday Night Live (rerun with Liam Neeson, and my new favorite sketch: So, You Call This A House, Do ya?) and play poker, and then read a little. (I'm reading Dune).

Sunday morning, woke up, aunts uncles and cousins and grandma swarmed in to throw together some decorations for the groom's car, including snow tubes tied to the back bumper and origami swans strung from the antenna. We also used the morning to exchange christmas gifts, not having seen each other on christmas. I received another hooded sweatshirt (woohoo!) bringing my total to...ten, I think
Cambridge Street Photo blue hooded sweatshirt
CSP lined blue hooded sweatshirt
CSP lined blue hooded sweatshirt with developer stain
Tony Hawk blue hooded sweatshirt
BU grey hooded sweatshirt (blue logo)
BU grey hooded sweatshirt (red logo)
BUJA grey hooded sweatshirt
Aeropostale brown hooded sweatshirt
Fairfield grey hooded sweatshirt .
nine. unless I'm forgetting one.

Sunday night watched The Return of the King extended edition, then Garden State.
continued Dune.

Here we are Monday morning. Management has encouraged all employees to wear jeans to work for the first two weeks of January, the encouragement comes just after management mandate changing Jan 8th, 9th into a working weekend. They also told us they're buying the floor pizza on friday. woo.

Right now I'm avoiding looking at my funds or checking trades on bloomberg or updating rates. I've been off for four days, and I started to remember how much I like not doing anything. I like it a lot. Movies, street hockey, and cheesecake is one hell of a good time. Lets make the good times last.

back later,
Tom

recommended download:
Dispatch, Small Change

No comments: