Monday, December 06, 2004

Today is Day Seven

I was very rested this morning. I am very tired now. I think I think I'm still asleep. But I'm not, I'm here at work. Not working. What else is new. No one seems too pleased to be here today, Jonathan is yelling at his mother's voicemail and complaining to coworkers that she all he told her to do is "keep the [expletive deleted] phone on...just charge it at night, and remember to turn it on, if it means getting two batteries get two batteries." His voicemail went something like "You probably don't even know how to answer a voicemail, but if you get this call me at work, if not I'm just going to keep calling back every half hour until you turn on your phone."

My funds tied out this morning, no problems. I posted expenses, no problems. I updated the day-lag rates, no problems. Now I'm waiting to go to the 11:00 budget meeting. I've got Yellowcard stuck in my head, but it's not going to be the recommended download, I've got something a little different for that.

No one seems to be enjoying work this morning. Nikki is complaining complaining complaining "Excel is down again aargh" and "Could you please update the rates?" with a distinct foreign accent which sometimes makes her difficult to understand. Another coworker has dowsed his cubicle in cologne, intentionally, maybe, or maybe he accidentally opened the bottle and then knocked it over. And the rest of the office is silent ... No chatter between the managers, no chatter from the spunky admin assistant from the other side of the floor. And Chuck isn't even complaining, which has never happened before. Chuck's been here the longest, he came in with the merger, he would have been a manager if they hadn't been bought out. All we here is "Can you believe them?" and "Yeah, that's how they screw you over" and "I hate this job, do you hate it yet?"....in all cases "they" and "them" is management. I think if I could take a nap without getting fired I would do that. But probably I'll just cruise aroud online for another fifteen minutes...sit for the budget meeting...then cruise around online until lunch.

So I hope you others out there in blog/livejournal land have been updating, or you're going to get some longwinded comments later on.

peace out

recommended download: Radiohead, Blackstar

No comments: