Monday, December 13, 2004

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Would you respect me any less if I called in sick today? I mean, really, there are circumstances... I've got nothing to wear, my hair's getting a little unruly, I may or may not have been punched in the face at this party on friday night, so my eye is now puffy, red, and swollen, I also only slept two hours friday night, so I'm a little tired right now, Survivor ended last night, which means that the girl that talks about nothing but television is going to be talking about nothing but the survivor conclusion, I'm going to be seeing people at work that I haven't seen since friday, and maybe that's something I was thinking about avoiding, and my eye does look really bad. So would you respect me any less if I called in today? Maybe spent the morning in bed, then the afternoon christmas shopping...

But, that seems rhetorical now, because here I am. And boy, am I glad I came in. Delay on the T so I was late, tt's so cold in here I'm having difficulty typing, and Jonathan is listening to Opie&Anthony badger female callers about shaving. However, the girl that talks about nothing but tv is out today, so, thankfully, we don't have to hear it, though I guess if she were here she'd be blocking out the obnoxious radio hosts. I have also avoided to this point the poeple I was thinking about avoiding. My hair does look ridiculous, but not many people have noticed, instead paying attention to my eye injury. Three times today I've heard an unsolicited "ooh, that looks bad...does it hurt?" No, it doesn't hurt, yes, it does look bad, no, I don't know how it happened, it was like this when I woke up Saturday, and man, you should have seen it then, it's much better now. Maybe it was a spiderbite, that's what happens when you spend the night at a strange apt. drunk and on a second-hand high from all the smoke in the air. But I don't really think it's a spiderbite, I haven't developed any superpowers or extra-awareness of what's going on around me, and it's been two days. Maybe it was a spiderbite, and the spider laid its eggs in my cheek, I saw this show once on the discovery channel where that happened and this guy's cheek swelled up like a golfball and then he had to go to the doctor and the cut out this huge egg-sac, it was pretty gross. But actually, I think the swelling is going down, so that might not be it. Could have been a fight, it was a crazy party, two hundred people, kegs everywhere, lighting up everywhere, simultaneous beruit tournaments, lots of out-of-town kids looking for trouble, but I don't think it was a fight...I don't remember winning any fights...

Anyway, back to work I guess, thanks for your concern. I appreciate it. Tom out.

recommended downloads:
3 Doors Down, Smack
Stephen Kellogg, She Moves In Such A Way

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your eye. That's weird.

I just bought the Stephen Kellogg CD. It's really good, kind of country I think.

I am insanely bored today. I made everyone in my office sick. They loooove me.

F

Anonymous said...

I actually DID call in sick. of course, I am sick (got it from Felicious probably, god i love that nickname so catchy very adina-esque only not damn you johnny) sat at home and watched seven episodes of gilmore girls. watched dan study and hate life. was VERY glad not to be in school. i can't remember what else your post said, and since it doesn't show it while typing the post like LJ does, this is where this comment ends. END.