Monday, April 19, 2010

Why I Normally Take A Patriots' Day Vacation

Patriots' Day (aka Marathon Monday) is celebrated in Boston today. This is great if you are (a) no gainfully employed (b) a student (c) a marathon runner (d) a member of the Red Sox organization

and, judging by the time I spent standing in the bitter early April morning wind at the bust stop today, (e) the majority of the MBTA bus fleet.

Thank goodness bus 184 was in operation, or I would be posting this from my cellphone still standing at the bus stop instead of my cubicle.

-t

PS, Patriots' Day is not great if you are (f)(*ing) gainfully employed and have to navigate the public transit system or roadways while the entire rest of the city takes the day off to get drunk on Beacon street.

1 comment:

orlando moving quotes said...

then better to always schedule a leave on Patriot's day. Its like why I would always go on leave on my birthday because no matter what, I want that one day in a year to pass without any hassle, without experiencing anything negative. I will just relax and laze around the whole day.