Thursday, May 08, 2008

Reeding and Rounding -or- I know only four of you are reading this

I've discovered an exciting new feature of my RSS reeder. It's called "Feed details."

Scant details, to be sure, but salient, and very interesting.

Pick a feed, click "details" and you shall receive:

Posts per week

and

Subscribers

Ok, no big deal. Until you check your own blog feed and discover that according to google reader you're averaging 1.9 posts per week and only four people are subscribed to your feed. And I happen to know that I'm one, and Samantha is another.

Take, for contrast, a popular sports blog I subscribe to:
Posts per week: 59
Subscribers: 957

Now I've got a target: 1000 readers

Or, at the very least, to reach a number that doesn't round down to zero.

-t

14

1 comment:

eileen said...

I read, I just don't subscribe to any feeds. Not my style, I guess.