Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rate My Manager (with LeadBack!)

Last week:

From:admin@leadback
Hello,

Tom, your supervisor is a participant in the Beacons of Leadership program.

A key part of the process is to provide feedback on personal leadership styles. We will use a 360-degree multi-rater survey called LeadBack®. The results from this feedback will help establish developmental goals.

You, Tom, have been chosen to give feedback. Please take it as a compliment. This is an excellent opportunity for you to contribute to the ongoing development of your colleague. You are one of a larger group of colleagues invited to participate.

This survey will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please note, except for your supervisor's manager, all survey responses are confidential and anonymous.

Regards,
LeadBack Admin


Well, I will take it as a compliment! I am heartened that my opinion matters!

As you'd expect, the survey is twenty-five or so vanilla questions similar to "Please rate your level of agreement 'My manager is an outgoing person who encourages open dialogue within our group, but sometimes can take it too far and become a distraction' Agree Strongly; Agree; Disagree; Strongly Disagree"

I try to be as accurate as I can. Pull no punches, air no grievances, objective above all. I'm one of the few selected, right?

Today:

From:director@beacons
Hello,

You recently received information requesting your participation in a LeadBack survey as part of the Beacons of Leadership Program for your supervisor.

This request was sent to you all in error, please disregard any emails and any survey information that you may have received from the LeadBack administrator or myself.

Regards,
Beacons Director


Oh.

Should I also disregard the compliment?

-t

12

2 comments:

mance01 said...

that's hilarious :)

Donny said...

I did not go to the link because I'm afraid of being Rick-rolled. He haunts my web-browsing.