Monday, May 21, 2007

Email Exchange: Company Softball Edition

This post is dedicated to Felecia, who can't get enough softball posts.


The Players:
Ted: our starting pitcher. Nice guy, generally counted on to come up with the bright ideas (bringing a fully-stocked cooler, bringing a grill for mid-inning barbecue)
Harry: a grizzled old veteran, our captain
Amy, Bonnie, Cara, Steve: teammates
Adam: the jackass who ran into me at second base last game

oh, and me, Tom



Team,

Since not everyone on the team knows eachother that well, it may be a good idea to go out sometime. I was thinking that since we could use some practice as well, we could go to Good Times Emporium in Somerville (http://www.goodtimeemporium.com/). There is a bar, batting cages, pool tables and other stuff. Let me know what you think.

-Ted

Ted,

are we talking drinking practice or batting practice?
either way - I'm in as long as its a day when I can make it

-Amy

mmmm that's tough- i don't drink and the bar scene makes me uncomfortable.......
-Cara

If I've got nothing else planned, I'll be in. Does this place offer a senior discount, if I show them my AARP card?

-Harry

well Cara maybe some drinks would bring out your 2b skills....
i'll go!!!

-Bonnie

Great idea, let's try to plan this in advance in order to accomodate all schedules in mind. A Saturday at the cages followed by ice cold pints of quality European beers would make for a nice day. Remember, life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Cheers,
-Adam


Adam - European beers are supposed to be served room temperature. Not "icy cold."
-Tom


Actually it depends if its a lager, ale...etc. But having visited a true Berlin beer festival in Germany I would have to agree with that statement on some level.
-Adam


well it was nice playing with you all, looks like I am off the team - I prefer watery, tasteless, light, American beer! mmmmm USA! USA!
wait a minute wasn't it some "chilled piss in a can" that we all consumed the other night at the game?

-Bonnie

i agree with bonnie... i prefer watery, tasteless, light, american beer! and yes, we all consumed it over the past two games!
go bud light!

-cara


guys, how are we going to learn to play like a team, if we can't act like a team when interoffice emailing?????

-Amy


I support American beer - have some pride. [usaflag.gif]!


-Steve



He's a tool.

"Icy cold pints" indeed.

-t

4 comments:

mance01 said...

I'm confused. Was Cara joking in the first email? Because she later confessed her love for Bud Light.

USA! USA! hehe :)

Donny said...

I prefer silly aliases instead of actual names. "jackass" is so much better than "Adam."

craziasian said...

my first softball game is tomorrow, and I am meeting up with my teammates today for a little bit of practice. be prepared for some high quality softball blogging felecia!

Anonymous said...

This was actually funny! Email chains are the best.

You might want to rethink Good Times though, lots of shootings and sketchy business at that place.

Oh, and bring it on, Adina.