Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday, last.

I wish today, my first Tuesday at a new job, was my last. I am faced, once again, with a mind-numbing array of monotonous tasks that require little more physical effort than clicking a mouse button or two, and a cognitive effort of similar amount.

Each trade I am responsible for takes about three shakes of a mouse tail (or is that three clicks of a lamb's button) to process. Just about the only thing I can say this job has going for it is that there are nine hundred trades to process every day (two thousand on busy days). I won't want for things to do.

I also don't have internet access from work.

No blogger. No email. Nothing.

I'll be blogging, henceforth, from home, at the end of the work day. I'll also be reading/commenting on blogs from home, at the end of the work day. This will drastically reduce the number of blogs I read regularly.

Of course, I'll let you know as soon as things change, if they ever do. And if I suddenly decide to go off the deep end, quit my life of suburban luxury and retire to a log cabin in the mountains to become a gun nut, and friend to bears and all animals of the forest, you all should know the very first thing I would do is let you all know about it here.

The second thing I would do is start growing my beard out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you work for the company I left last year .... no internet, no fun.

e$ said...

boo.

didn't you discuss internet before accepting their offer? It's called a "dealbreaker", my friend.

Miss Lindsay Mak said...

I predict you will quit this job in record time.