Thursday, January 25, 2007

Soon Departed

I have nothing to do all next week - except take a drug test - but, aside from that fifteen minutes, I'm going to be super bored.

Normally I'd sit around and cruise the internet, but that's what I've been doing at work for the last month-and-a-half, and I've seen the whole thing.

And there's nothing good on tv during the day anyway.

So I'll be looking for good ways to kill some time. The best way? Lunch.

So, rise up, you blogging fans. Send me an email, post me a comment. Let's set something up. Coffee break Monday? Good. A Wednesday tour of the Sam Adams brewery? I'm down. Tuesday at that tiny resturant with the chips Jenny really likes? Sounds like a plan. Giant bowls of clam chowder at one of the seventeen Legal Seafood locations around town, including the one over in Cambridge? Excellent.

Tomorrw's my last day. Then it's a week of downtime.

Ok, this week, and the one before it...and the one before that... have been full of downtime too, but now I'm not getting paid for it, and don't have to stay in one building for six hours at a stretch.

That's a step in the right direction.

So call me - I'm hungry.

-t

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Tom.

p.s. there are two locations of legal in cambridge - Kendall and Harvard Squares.

Anonymous said...

So you complain when you have a job you hate and you complain when you finally leave a job you hate and have time off.

Tell me Tom, are you EVER happy?

Tom said...

I'm always happy. I'm still complaining about the job I'm leaving, I'm not complaining about leaving it.

What I'm saying, here, is that this job has ruined the internet for me until some new content is generated by the world-wide user base, and that's going to take at least a couple of days, and during that time it might be a good idea for me to help those of you who hate your jobs but haven't quit, and the best way to do that is to join you for a meal.

Basically, I'm a nice guy. Tada.