Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Frustratinger and frustratinger

wtf. They're back there throwing paper airplanes around. I think Iposted about this when I was still in my old job. This is not professional.

I like most of the people here who I don't work with directly. I hate most of the people here I do work with directly. One them is the lazy insolent guy. He is currently throwing airplanes at other people. He's also the guy that sprayed somebody in the face with an inverted can of compressed air (the kind that reads "DO NOT tilt, shake, or turn can upside down before or during use as liquid contents may be dispersed. Liquid contents may cause frostbite on contact with skin.)

That's not cool.

Unprofessional, possibly actionable behaviour in the office by coworkers, combined with unprofessional inaction outside the office by clients is driving me mad.


Last week I sat for eight hours waiting for an email from the client who simply refused to correspond with me via email. He sent a number of reports to my manager, and to the insolent guy, replied to their questions, but sent nothing to me, and replied to none of my questions. Not surprisingly, the information I had requested was necessary to complete the report he had asked me for. I grew so frustrated I came very close to ripping the monitor off my computer and hurling it across the office. Last week, however, I also learned my lazy manager is leaving at the end of November, so maybe I should stick it out a couple of months, see if the situation improves.

Who knows. In unrelated news my new iPod is nice. I've watched the Ok, Go treadmill video on it about a billion times since downloading it.

-t

6 comments:

mance01 said...

You should download episodes of "The Office" onto your shiny new iPod and watch them at work. Maybe you would feel better.

Or you could punch the lazy insolent guy in the face. But I guess that would be unprofessional too. :-p

craziasian said...

I really really love that video with all of my heart.

and I definitely thought about the office while reading this post. sad.

Donny said...

We don't dance enough. I don't mean club dancing. I mean the choreographed-and-practiced-for-hours type of dancing. Why don't we do that? Today's trivia question was about FatBoy Slim's music video. I love Christopher Walken.

Anonymous said...

ooo, i got it. instead of (1) throwing your monitor and (2) punching insolent guy

you should

hurl the monitor at insolent guy's face

and then he could walk around with it on his head. like in friends when joey had the turkey stuck on his head

Donny said...

You really can't get a turkey stuck on your head, can you? That seems unpossible.

Tom said...

happened in Friends - twice.