Friday, August 04, 2006

I would have reacted the same if it had been a barbershop quartet

I came into work on Monday and a few people were standing near my desk talking about girls.

And I thought to myself, "I hate it when they talk about girls at the office. Couldn't they talk about baseball or something appropriate?"

I came into work on Tuesday and a few people were standing near my desk talking about the best place in the city to get a haircut.

And I thought to myself, "I hate when they talk about hair or clothes or fashion at the office. Couldn't they talk about something important, like baseball?"

I came into work on Wednesday and just kept my headphones on because I just knew they weren't talking about baseball.

I came into work Thursday and they were talking about upcoming movie releases.

And I thought to myself, "Don't they have anything better to do than to rehash movie quotes they saw in some stupid commercial? I wouldn't mind if they were talking about the Red Sox."

I came into work today and the guys standing near my desk were talking about the Red Sox.

And I thought to myself, "Couldn't they just keep it to themselves, or go stand next to somebody else's desk while they do this? Why is it always my desk?"

And then I realized that it's probably not what they're talking about that's the problem.

Being at work before noon is the problem.


-t

2 comments:

mance01 said...

Really? But barbershop quartets are awesome! Didn't you see the Simpsons episode where Homer, Wiggum, Apu, and Skinner are the B-Sharps? Good stuff.

jayniek said...

you could always play out a pastoral scene using animal crackers while they chit-chat.

they will promptly leave.

AND you then have a snack.