Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Five Quotes Meme

I am totally frustrated at work and wouldn't dare try posting, lest I get angry comments from Felecia like "nobody cares that you hate your job."

I'm meme-ing (sp?) instead. From here, here, here, and so on...

Visit your favorites quotations page (they used this one), and search random quotations until you find five that you feel describe or reflect who you are.

See? Easy.

[also note, I didn't actually read any of the quotations other people had selected, nor do I expect you to read mine. I think the real value of this particular meme is to keep you busy reading quotes, rather than help others learn about you. because, really, who cares?]

Learning to live in the present moment is part of the path of joy.
Sarah Ban Breathnach
Which is a lot like Dave Matthew's "The future is no place to place your better days."

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Voltaire describes the best way to win: belive in God, and pit yourself against idiots.

You must pray that the way be long, full of adventures and experiences.
Constantine Peter Cavafy

Every once-in-a-while I stop and ask myself, "Could my life be more like a road trip/buddy comedy? Invariably I end up taking a trip to Chicago, or London, or (here's hoping?) Philly.

I can't understand why a person will take a year to write a novel when he can easily buy one for a few dollars.
Fred Allen (1894 - 1956)

This might be the biggest stumbling block on my path to a writing career: I would never spend a year writing anything.

I'm glad they gave me this next one - I think something similar whenever I am presented with an inspirational quotation.
A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought.
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)


-t

recommended download:
The Eagles, Seven Bridges Road (get it? haha)

No comments: