Thursday, July 27, 2006

Easy Street

Two days ago I was invited to a CD sale at a local Newbury Comics store. Always one to (a) spend money and (b) leave work for any excuse, I accepted.

While there I purchased the brand new Flogging Molly CD/DVD "Whiskey on a Sunday," and also the just-released Pearl Jam EP "Live at Easy Street."

Both are excellent.

Then, yesterday, I purchased a new cellphone! Maybe you've seen the commerical for it, they feature this near-indestructible phone facing rain, dust, and a hailstorm of bb's.

I've seen first-hand what these indestructible Motorola phones can do. My brother had an earlier model that was run over by a dump truck. (He was working with the Parks Department and the phone slipped out of his pocket).

The hinge was broken, the casing was cracked in seven places (most notably along the battery door), the screen was smashed and blotted, and, the phone still worked.

Making calls, receiving calls, reception, clarity, you name it. The only thing you couldn't do was fold it back up or read anything on the screen.

Run over by a dumptruck, and it still worked!

This newer model, the i580, is even more indestructible, has a camera, and Bluetooth! Which means it can talk to my computer! Which means my calendar program can sync with my phone and I'll never miss a birthday or episode of Psych (Fridays this summer on USA!) again!

-t

recommended download:
Flogging Molly, Within A Mile of Home

1 comment:

Donny said...

Buy the Ditty Bops album.