Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This post isn't about Gilmore Girls (but I'll mention them at the end)

Last Wednesday I arrived in Birmingham. Unbeknownst to me Samantha had just signed a lease for a new apartment. I'd arrived just in time to help her move. (Her dad also drove up to help.)

Thursday, though, after the move, we went to a baseball game. Sweet. The Birmingham Barons played the Phoenix Suns (the minor league baseball team, not those NBA guys). The home town team won. Also, it's what they call "Thirsty Thursday" the night when all beers on tap (Budweiser and Bud Light) are only a dollar, one dollar!

I don't remember what happened Friday.

Saturday something happened, and there were some people there, and it was cool.

Sunday we went to see Mission:Impossible:III, and it was awesome.

Monday we drove to Atlanta to see the Bodies exhibit (dead people without skin, awesome). After that we drove to Sam's home town. I met her sisters and her mom. They loved me. (And no one can blame them.)

Tuesday I flew back. There were some problems. It's ok. I'm over it. I'm moving on. I'm not talking about it.

So, wen I got home WEDNESDAY, (no, no, it's ok, I'm over it), I planted myself in front of the television to catch up on the week's sports highlights. I also caught an episode of the Gilmore Girls (the one where Rory kisses Dean) and the whole time I just had one thought (which I tried to call Adina at the office and tell her but didn't get through (it's ok, Adina, I understand if you've blocked my number, there are only so many Gilmore related phone calls you can receive at work before catching some heat)) was this: I don't like Dean.

Now I'm waiting on the Red Sox game. Welcome back to the blog-o-sphere-opolis.

-tgme

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm out of the office for the rest of the week, so call my cell if you wanna talk gilmore. and i'm with you about dean. have you noticed that all of rory's boyfriends eventually get ugly as the show progresses? dean and then jess. i just hope logan doesn't take a turn for the worse in season 6 (which i haven't seen yet because we don't have cable).

mance01 said...

Um, Friday we saw two concerts. Dude, come on. :-p

Donny said...

If you weren't back today I was going to post something about GG (made-up, of course) just so that we'd all have something to comment on. Welcome back.

Tom said...

right, my bad. this was the second post I wrote. the net crashed halfway through the original. looks like I lost a detail or two in the rewrite