Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's FAXTASTIC!

I just got this email. This is like, the third email I've received since I started. I quote:

Effective Friday, May 19th 2006 Faxination will be implemented.

What this means:

  • All incoming faxes will directly come into the Faxination Inbox via email. Note: Clients will continue to send the faxes to the current fax numbers, but the faxes will be forwarded automatically to the Faxination Mailbox in Outlook.
  • The Faxination Mailbox will be monitored by our receptionist. She will forward the incoming faxes to Email Distribution Lists (DL) which have been set up in Outlook by Client name.
  • The GM of each client is set as the owner of the Fax Email DL. It is the responsibility of the GM to keep these DL's updated with the current account team.

Attached are the detailed procedures for the Faxination Fax Distribution and Reconcilation process.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards



I hate faxes, I can't stand them. We are surrounded by a world of technology. There is no reason NO REASON that documents have to be scanned, convereted into an AUDIO STREAM, and sent OVER LAND LINE PHONE WIRES. I am all for email instead of fax. But I couldn't help laughing at the name. It's faxtastic.

-t

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree. if Person A is going to go through all the trouble of printing something out, faxing it to Person B who is then going to probably scan it into their computer so they email it to Persons C and D who have already gone electronic, then why can't Person A just EMAIL THE DOCUMENT TO PERSON B IN THE FIRST PALCE ARGHHH IT IS SO BACKWARDS.

please note: I am Person B, and Person A is our ethical review committee administrators.

Anonymous said...

At the old place they told me fax lines were more secure than the network. I guess "secure" means "easily tapped by the government, or any hobbyist with a little know-how and the wherewithall to purchase the necessary equipment on ebay"

More secure. Right.

Anonymous said...

The only time I ever get a fax now is if a) the client has signed something that has to be returned to me, or b) if a paper is too stone age for pdf files.

Donny said...

One of my clients faxes me screenshots of her computer which she prints out. This is instead of just telling me the guy's Date of Hire and Date of Termination. I really want to tell her to stop wasting time and resources, but I'm afraid that it'll hurt the client-consultant relationship.