Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shameless self-promotion is as good a reason as any to drink

My last day here is one week from today.

The office, in the spirit of "any reason at all to go out and get wasted - and possibly to hook up with a random coworker of the opposite sex" once again has decided to go out to celebrate my time here. Or my last day. Or that I'm finally leaving. I don't really care.

Anyway. Since drinking on a Tuesday or Wednesday night is stupid (unless you've just quit your job and being hungover on a weekday morning is therefore no big deal at all in any way) everybody's going out for my last day on my last Friday.

This Friday. At the Tap. In Faneuil Hall.

I mention it just in case there are any (non)crazy blog fans who want to meet me!

What? That's for real. People might want to meet me. You'd want to meet Mighty Girl, right?

Anyway. If you might want to meet me but aren't really sure if I'd make fun of you for being a creepy blog stalker don't worry, I won't (I will). Unless you turn out to be cool (Mighty Girl I'm talking to you. Yes I know you're in San Fran), then I'll only make fun of you a little.

I'll be the tall guy looking like he's trying to pretend he doesn't hate all the work people that are wishing him good luck in all his future endevours and not succeeding.

Also if you do come out to stalk me, your absolute favorite blog writer guy, but then wimp out you can still drink. Because it's a bar.

and if you get plastered there's the added fun of being hit on by, and then going home with, one of my drunk soon-to-be-ex-coworkers. (Adina).

-t

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't know how much I want to be there tom. if for the sole reason to get hit on by your soon-to-be-ex-coworkers. you know me so well. HOT.

Tom said...

Come on! People want to meet me! Right?

It's like meeting Ed MacMahon! (damn, is it "McMahon? - no, I think I got it right)

I'm totally a blogosphere celebrity. Except that I'm more like a blogosphere celebrity whose audience hasn't discovered him yet. Or who hasn't quite gotten that book deal and landed that late night talk show swing.

Ok, so this is less like meeting Ed MacMahon and more like meeting Johnny Carson when he was like thirteen and people just thought he was a little strange, and not destined to be the greatest entertainer of his generation.

You heard me.

Anonymous said...

HEAD EXPLODING FROM THE DEPTH OF HOW INACCURATE TOM'S COMPARISON IS

Tom said...

wow. nice grammar.

also, nobody mention the misuse of commas in the post.

thank you

Anonymous said...

If we meet you, will you give us a big check? Cause Ed McMahon would. :-p

Anonymous said...

I'll be boarding that plane tonight. RIIIIIIGHT.