Thursday, April 27, 2006

New Job: Day 1: Post 2

So, have I told you all about my new job? Do you know when I'm starting? Have I mentioned it in the blog and you're just a horrible audience who don't read or remember? Or have I just not mentioned it?

What I do:
old job: money market mutual fund accounting
new job: hedge mutual fund accounting

Where I do it:
old job: the crummy first floor office with uneven floor, and no windows
new job: the nice fifteenth floor office with WINDOWS

Why I do it:
old job: they were the first people to hire me out of school
new job: they are paying me like 15% more than I was making

When I do it:
old job: ten a.m. to six p.m. (but actually six fifteen or six thirty)
new job: nine a.m. to five p.m. (but actually five fifteen or five thirty)

When I start:
old job: September '04
new job: May 15th

That means I've got ust over two weeks of down time.

Sweet.
-t

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ten words tom. Ten words.

Seasons 1 through 5 of the Gilmore Girls on DVD.

Also, MY BIRTHDAY IS MAY 14TH.

Also, MY BIRTHDAY. IT'S ON MAY 14TH.

Did I mention the Gilmore Girls? Because I own Seasons 1 through 5. On DVD.

If I was tom, I would probably say "bam" right now.

bam!

Tom said...

I don't get it. You're saying you're going to buy me the Gilmore Girls on dvd for a "starting your new job" present?

and then, "bam"?

ok, but I'd really prefer like, season four of the muppet show. BAM!


that kermit cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

no i'm saying I own Seasons 1 through 5 of the Gilmore Girls on DVD so you should visit me during your work hiatus. Also, i want my haiku cheesesteak. Also, my birthday is May 14th. So you could surprise visit me. Except if you did come visit me, you should tell me because I like to keep a tight schedule.