Saturday, February 18, 2006

How to dismantle an atomic bomb, I mean Sony Vaio, and then what to do after all means of repairing it have been exhausted

My laptop doesn't work. It died. Hit the power button it goes "rrr-rrr-r-gliccck-cck-rr-cck-cc-ck."

Well, that's what it did last night. Now it doesn't even do that.

The only reasonable solution to this problem? Simple.

Take it apart.

Now I have pieces of a laptop that doesn't work. The next logical step?

Why, pay top dollar for a brand spanking new computer! This one: 14" iBook G4

Upgrade to 1GB memory (because too much is never enough)
Upgrade to 100GB HD (because if you think 40GB is plenty you're fooling yourselves)

Because I figured "I'm 29, who needs a savings account?"

Not me. BAM!
-tgme

3 comments:

mance01 said...

Did you reconstruct this post or did it randomly reappear?

Tom said...

reconstruct. (bam!)

e$ said...

the whole "take it apart" thing is definitely a guy mentality. I'd just throw the shit in the trash.