Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Transform

Cybertron is a robotic planet, its inhabitants are robots. The transformers, good and bad, who crashed on the planet earth did not originally transform into familiar shapes like cars, minivans, and semis. When their spaceships crashed the auto-recover function scanned the surrounding area for local machines and designed blueprints used to re-engineer the alien robots to better fit in. Their disguises allowed them to move freely before revealing themselves to the humans. Makes total sense. Just like when in Futurama Bender got his memory erased at the North Pole and when he rebooted his scan only picked up penguins. He acted like a penguin for the rest of the episode to fit in.

Once they got into space during the movie a few of the robots were redesigned (most notably Megatron, he also got a new name: Galvatron).

For more on the Transformers’ history I suggest starting here .

Also, I have posted about the Gummi Bears. Here.

-t
recommended download:
Howie Day, Buzzing
and
Howie Day, Buzzing (Drunk version, live)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny. As a way to pass the last 2 dragging hours of my day at work, I decided to review some of your past posts... Two weeks back I was at an open mic. nite at a favorite local (paying more attention to my company and the booze)when I heard the echo of "Optimus Prime..."! Ah to reminisce =)