Thursday, December 29, 2005

Cover-2

Yeah, I’ve been swamped at work. We’ve got a lot of people cashing in their vacation time this week, which unfortunately coincides with massive end-of-the-year processing.

And I, having burnt my vacation on trips to Rome, and Texas six months ago am stuck here to cover. The last two days have been hectic and stressful (well, half-full). Tuesday I started covering for both seniors and one of the more experienced analysts. I had four of the most time-consuming funds on my desk in addition to the daily work hypermanager throws at me, plus end-of-the-year variances and exceptions that need to be cleared.

It probably would have been less stressful if it had been the newbie and the stupid kid on vacation, they’ve got the easiest funds in the group because that’s all they can handle (sometimes it’s more than they can handle, but that’s not the funds’ fault).

So Tuesday I was swamped, and behind, and didn’t get any help from hypermanager (not that I expected any). Wednesday was better, after not doing these funds for six months it only took about a day to get back into the habit. Today I feel like I’m back up to speed – speedy enough to clear morning income and sneak in a post.

Nose to the grind stone,
-tgme


recommended download:
The Old 97’s, Rollerskate Skinny

1 comment:

Donny said...

My nose is to the grindstone but very little is being accomplished today.