Friday, November 25, 2005

Force-shortening

I’m at work on Friday covering for three people. I am trying to simultaneously manage the group and do all of hypermanager’s work, cover our new fund that I have had minimal training on, cover all five of Josh’s funds, and still make sure, as I do every day, that the stupid kids don’t bring this all crashing down.

I’m busy and easily annoyed. I do not enjoy working here. Michelle, the quiet senior analyst is here, but you’d never know it. She does her thing and keeps her head down. Dick, the manager I hate, is here, but he’s not, he skipped out near eleven o’clock to do some shopping and we haven’t seen him since. Hypermanager took the day off. Candy, the new senior analyst is out today, and our senior manager is still working on the other side of the floor. So, really, it’s down to me and four accountants: the stupid kid, the not-quite-as-stupid kid, the smart kid, and the foreign kid.

Communists.
-t


recommended download:
Weezer, Mykel and Carli

3 comments:

Donny said...

I'm at work too. But I'm really the only one here. The few others who may have come into the office were probably discouraged by the flurries. I don't blaim them, they all have laptops.

I cleaned my cube and began archiving my email. Man, this place looks clean. I just went for a walk for a snack, but everything is closed. Que lastima.

Tom said...

"blaim"? that's just plain wrong.

Donny said...

Homophones are not my specialty, especially when I make them up.