Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Tomorrow People

The Chicago Blackhawks will be in Calgary when I am in Chicago. I will save approximately $40 on tickets.

But, maybe the Bucks will be in town when I reach Milwaukee...not that I particularly look forward to watching a basketball game, especially a pro basketball game, especially a pro basketball game featuring the Milwaukee Bucks, but it would be nice to attend some sporting event maybe. Or, maybe I can use the time to fit in extra brewery tours.

Speaking of the Tomorrow People, have any of you seen that miniseries? It ran on Nickelodeon and followed a group of teens who had the ability to teleport. I remember thinking it might be a cool series and wanting to sit down and watch it, but I never did. So I don't know if it was any good.

Speaking of Nickelodeon and good things on it, I learned last weekend that Danger Mouse, season one is available on dvd. I'm pumped. I won't be going out to buy it right away because I'm saving money for the Big Drive (that's what I'm calling it for now), but later, when I decide I can spend money again? Totally getting Danger Mouse. Because he's the greatest, he's the ace, he's the strongest he's the quickest he's the best. How can you beat a secret agent mouse with an eyepatch and his helpful friend Penfold fighting to save the world from Baron Greenback (von Greenback? it's been a while).

Plus, plus, the Danger Mouse cartoon is responsible for introducing Count Duckula who earned himself a spin-off series that was incredibly funny. A vegetarian vampire duck, his castle could fly around the world, and every episode he, his butler, and his gigantic maid would find themselves in a new place where wacky new adventures would happen. Man I loved that show.

Shoutout to everybody who remembers and loves childhood cartoons.
-t
recommended download:
The Danger Mouse Theme

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so are you taking me on The Big Drive? if you do, you can call it The Big Detour. Nice ring, eh? eh?

TAKE ME TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I WILL BE A FUN BIG DRIVE MATE WHOO