Thursday, August 18, 2005

I thought I knew you

Well, they finally picked up over at the Help Desk. They didn’t know what the hell I was talking about. So I tried to explain (very slowly) that I needed a password for the new web-based review system. It’s pretty simple, it’s like “MyReview.com”

At first they explained my manager would need to submit a request to have my ID added to the system, wait one business day, then call back (and wait on hold for forty minutes) to get my password (which would then need to be changed).

But that’s not right, because all I need now is the password.

So they figured out what I needed. Gave me a string of upper- and lower-case letters and some numbers, told me that was my password, and wait ten minutes before logging in.

But no. They gave me a password for the wrong system. A system I don’t even use, and will not ever use.

So I’m calling back and maybe this time we can work through this.

I sort of wish they had some fun music playing in the background instead of this dead silence.

-tom


recommended downloads:
The Muppet Show, Rowlf, Eight Little Notes, and I Never Harmed An Onion (So Why Do They Make Me Cry?)

No comments: