Thursday, July 28, 2005

Wake me up, before you go-go

Yesterday I went to the bank to deposit my paycheck. As I left the bank I began thinking about my finances. I was thinking about the car payment I now have that will be taking a significant amount of money from my account every month, and I resolved to stop spending money on "luxury" items (things like dvds, comic books, serial novels, new hats, sunglasses, ring tones, etc).

Though I do have a tendency to buy inexpensive impulse items (the sunglasses, hats, and ring tones) it is a tendency that is easy to curb. However, there was a time, not too long ago, I would spend $100 on new dvds, or drop $120 on trade paperbacks. This binge spending is the greatest threat to a healthy bank account.

So, I resolved to stop spending money. No more lunches out, no more buying nine or ten tpb's at a time, no more anything. Reduce expenditures: car, T-pass, car insurance, and student loans. That's it. No more money spent on anything else, none. This I resolve.

I then walked from the bank to the comic book store, and spent fifty bucks on books I don't need.

How's that for will power.
-t
recommended download:
Wham, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

No comments: