Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm all alone tonight

Last night was the big celebration for Paco's last day. We trained together, Paco and I, and have been in the group exactly the same amount of time. Unless you deduct the days he's called in and all the hours he's shown up late, then he's only been here about three days for every five of mine.

Last week I got a promotion, and Paco found himself a new job. He says it's closer to his apartment, easier commute. So, in traditional fashion, the group went out drinking to celebrate.

At first it was uneventful, Paco had picked a bar that had happened to have a private UMass reunion and it was packed. So we waited outside for twenty minutes, which was fine, because yesterday was gorgeous. We got in, stood around listening to the managers talk about work and other managers and how long they've been with the company.

Then half of the group left, because they don't really care. The UMass party was breaking up so we moved to the patio where one of our group ran into these four girls he went to school with, he left with them.

Meanwhile, in the backgroun, while this is all going on the kid I hate is getting drunker and drunker. I hate this kid. This is the kid, the first week I was here, I'd see him and think "I hate that kid." Two months ago he was moved into our group, and, because I'm a nice guy, I gave him another chance. It's one thing to hate someone on sight, but maybe they're an ok person and good to work with.

Well, not this guy. I still hate him, and now, after seeing him stumbling around drunk I feel a little uncomfortable working in the same group. It was revealed, during his stumbling around drunkedness, that though he is widely suspected to be gay he recorded himself banging some girl with his camera phone. Which is creepy enough as it is. It was then revealed that he showed the video to our AVP. Why? I have no idea! What the hell is with this kid? I have no idea.

It was at this point in the evening that a welcome distraction from the creepy kid tapped me on the shoulder. She introduced herself as Julie, she was drunk, and she wanted to wear my hat.

I refused her request on the basis that my hat hair looked ridiculous, which led to a heated argument, which ended when she grabbed my hat and put it on. The group of friends she was with then started giving her a hard time because "he's like twelve." Because, turns out, she's a little older than I am. She yelled back at her friends something like "He's not twelve, he's like, twenty-five!" and then had to double check with me. I told her no, I'm barely twenty-three, and the next words outof her mouth were "I'm going to make out with you later tonight, you know that right?" And then she told me she was twenty-seven. I was way too young for her so I took my hat back.

The rest of the night went a lot like that. She kept making out with me, her friends kept yelling at her, she asked me to come visit her in Chicago, etc. Oh, and then the one friend who was giving her the hardest time about hanging out with me then split off the group to go suck face with some fifty year old guy. No joke, he couldn't have been less than fifty.

I left at midnight, much to her dissapointment. She called me twice on my way home and left a text message on my phone. I have no idea how drunk she was, but you can bet I'm calling her tonight to see how much she regrets it. :-Þ


This is the first time anything like this has happened to me.

-tgme
recommended download:
Bowling for Soup, I'm Just A Kid, and Girl All The Bad Guys Want

3 comments:

mance01 said...

Damn kid. :-p

Anonymous said...

aw, you're like twelve.

sounds like you had an infinitely better time sans movie than with.

Tom said...

nah, she's too old for me ;) and she's flying out on sunday...it'd never last :-Þ