Monday, June 27, 2005

Locked-in

My mind has locked itself into Beach Mode. I'd forgotten the feel of sunburnt skin, of sand between the toes, of sun-streaked hair. I'd forgotten the feel of sunblock, plus heat, plus salt. I'd forgotten how much fun tossing a frisbee is.

But, like a hypnotist's victim awaking from a trance, at the snap of the fingers I remember again, and that's where I'm stuck now, permanently.

I figure it will take about three weeks for the office day-to-day to wash this feeling out of me, and probably about half that time for the sunburn to fade.

"Hey there, you get some color this weekend? eh? eh?"
"Yeah. I did. What did you do? Watch cable in air-conditioned comfort? Jackass. I did have a good weekend. You can take your James Bond marathon and shove it."

Back in beach mode. What a fun mode to be in.
and now some quick bullet points:
1. new profile pic is me with long hair, take note, because tomorrow's it's getting cut.
2. surprise party pics, for those who participated (and for those who wished they had), are up on my flickr page.
3. Sox are doing well, sweeping the Indians and the Phillies in a 6-0 road trip.
4. the tops of my feet are sunburnt, so's my neck, arms, and legs, but the feet hurt the most.

-Tom
recommended download:
Marcy Playground, Dog And His Master

5 comments:

Johnny Sapphire said...

tom. the picture. the picture is bad, tom.

Anonymous said...

Really bad. We may leave you in the airport all weekend.

LoneStarCupcake said...

um from a stranger: its keanu reeves bad.

Anonymous said...

ok surlygirl. that's it. you're done.

1. your comments aren't funny.
2. I don't read your blog because I don't like the content. also, light grey text on a white background is bad for the eyes.
3.you're getting married so it's not even like you're a cute girl that I would have a chance of hooking up with, which is the purpose of this blog.

so stop commenting.

thank you.
-tom

mance01 said...

Good lord Tom! HARSH! :-p