Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It's days like this that burn me

On the train in today I sat across from a babysitter with two small boys. They were maybe five and three. The five year old was all over the place, every time a train passed in the opposite direction he'd exclaim "WOW! A train!" The three year old was busy climbing out of the stroller.

The commuter next to the five year old started talking to him about the trains, like the "special train" they use to pull other trains, and the train they use to plow the snow off the tracks. I thought that if I had been talking to the kid I would not have told him the giant blue building with the purple stripe housed trains, but that it was a base for flying saucers. The three year old stole the babysitter's sunglasses and was trying to eat them.

I enjoyed the commute...but I've always loved trains.

-Tom
recommended download:
Bob Schneider, Big Blue Sea, and God Is My Friend

No comments: