Thursday, March 24, 2005

happy fractional birthday!

There should be a better way to say that.
Today is March twenty-fourth, today I am twenty-one and eight-twelfths -- wait, no no, no, today I am twenty-two and eight-twelfths, (reduced to twenty-two and two-thirds). Congratulations to me on making it through sixty-six percent of another year. It seems like a good time to talk about some highlights.

since being twenty-two and zero-twelfths (highlights include):
-getting a job: this really was a highlight, it reaffirmed my belief that I am wholly employable, and led to the second highlight,
-starting a web log!: for without such a decision I wouldn't have anywhere to post highlights.
-going to Rome: this one was pretty recent, it's the first time I've ever travelled far enough away that they speak a different language, and it was the reason for,
-buying a digital camera!: a real beauty too, 4.0 megapixels, 10x optical zoom, all that good stuff
-seeing Venture Bros. for the first time: it's a fun show, I like it, just like
-watching Robot Chicken!: this one just started, I don't know if it will last, but the fact that the stop animation relies heavily on gi joe action figures puts it way up there in my book, and speaking of books,
-reading lots of books!: it's been a while since I've read as much as I have these past few weeks, and I enjoy reading tremendously. The reason I haven't been reading is because the next highlight is
-getting an iPod!: these things are great. music, whenever, wherever you want it.
-watching the first couple seasons of The Shield on dvd: it's a good show, now I can watch it in primetime on FX. go commish!
-getting a Nextel phone: I love that walkie talkie feature, everybody I know is getting them, just like when we were kids playing guns in the back yard. The only thing that could make this sweeter is laser-tag
-getting invited to the Texas Rangers' Home Opener!: I love baseball :-D

Well, those are just some of the highlights. There were others. This being my seven thousand nine-hundred fourteenth day (I'm estimating) it's also a good time to look forward. Here are some goals:

from being twenty-two and two-thirds (going forward)
-buy a car!: this is the biggest goal.
-finish the one-thousand five-hundred piece puzzle we started yesterday!: it's from Rome
-make it another one hundred twenty-two days: so I can make it to the rangers game, make to the fourth of july bash (in austin), and to my next birthday.

-Tom
recommended download
Jason Mraz, On Love In Sadness

No comments: